CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year

How can I abide in Christ? How can I say that I am resting in Him?

I've found a sweet rest, a sweet repose in giving all my cares to the Great Provider and resting fully in His grace. To be "in Him" is more than a just a line that we hear so many speak about, it's a calm, peace-filled rest knowing that He is sovereign that makes me sing "Hallelujah, What a Saviour! Hallelujah, What a Friend!"
How can I be anxious when He is near? How can I be ungrateful when He has given me so much? I can only praise Him, thank Him that He looked on me, unworthy though I am, and takes delight in showing me mercy.

Knowing this, understanding this is how I can abide and rest in Him. I pray that I never forget this as I start out my new year.

0 comments: