CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Changing Perspective

Maybe I ought to change my perspective, how I see things, how I react, how I live.

I was reminded tonight that Christ, our Messiah, is King. The Jews didn't view Him as Messiah King then or now and wondering about their beliefs got me wondering about my own. Christ didn't come in as a king like they knew...full of pomp, splendor, regal...so He must not be the King that they'd waited on for so long. Jesus, instead, was humble, meek, a servant and didn't fit their descriptions at all.
If the Jews used the worldly description of a king, I wonder how do I use the world's descriptions in my own life?

Contentment-
The world would tell us that it's being married with 2 1/2 kids, an SUV and a minivan and a worry free life. God tells me to be content in all things. Implying that I must even be content in all circumstances, good or bad, even when I would be prone to worry or fret.


Joy-
The world tells us we obtain joy when we can get all we want. Whether it's the ultimate burger, physical shape, car or job. God's tell me that I can be joyful simply because Christ paid the debt for my sins and I now have life eternal. What else could give me more joy?

Peace-
The world offers us no peace. God has sent me the Prince of Peace that speaks to my heart with a still, small voice.

Hope-
The world gives us hope in carnal things that will not last (money, goods) or in people that will fail us. God gives me hope in His promises that all He says will come to pass. He will never leave me. He will never forsake me. He will never fail me.

Changing my perspective in just a few ways could possibly change my whole outlook on life. I wonder how much more could God use me if I would just view a few things unlike the world.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Great thoughts! It is a constant battle, though. This life is so short. We have limited time to show the love of Christ. I am trying more and more to be aware of this and to stop fretting over the thoughts of "oh, no - what will they think if I reach out?... if I dare to smile and say hi to everyone I meet?...if I offer to help - how will I ever have time?...

Thinking God's thoughts after Him takes those thoughts away and reminds me that there are people all around me headed into a Godless eternity - and suddenly my little worries vanish and I am able to 'be a friend to the unfriendly', take a few risks and PRAY that God would shine His light and His love through me to a dark and hateful world.

Your are so right, my friend. It is all about perspective!

Susy-Q said...

My problem is actually thinking in the right perspective FIRST and not after the fact.

I have so much learning to do.