CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bob That Head

A friend at work had two tickets to see Rascal Flatts in Atlanta last night. She wasn't able to go and when I heard that she was GIVING them away, I mentioned that I might be interested.



Ok. I practically begged her to think about me if she was seriously giving them away.



She did give them to me (!!) and I started on my quest to find another person to go. The first that came to mind was already going and I figured that Mona (from work) was always on the prowl for something random to do on the weekend, so I asked her.


She said yes!!!


We had planned on meeting up after work on Friday since we only had a half a day we thought that we could leave around 2:00, 2:30 and make it to Atlanta before all the traffic. I'm here to say that that did not happen. Work delayed us so we left right at 3:00 with wet hair and no makeup, starving and adrenalin pumping. We did get something to eat pretty quick and made good time to Atlanta despite the late start.



Mapquest gave us great directions and even took us around the traffic and we pulled in with time to spare. Parking was so expensive but a girl can't complain when she didn't have to pay for tickets.


It was about a 10 minute walk to Lakewood Amphitheatre and we stood in line for about an hour and a half to get in. When we finally made it to the front and they checked our bag (my trusty backpack), we were informed that backpacks are not allowed and we would have to take it back to the car. I nicely informed that lady this was an inconvenience but took my backpack all the way back to the car while Mona waited on me. In the mean time my other friends who are already in are probably wondering where I am and the concert is close to starting.


I decided to just walk all the way back up the front of the line and not wait since I already had which made a lady behind me very angry. I told her that I had already waited for 90 minutes like she had and was sent away.


She didn't care. She talked ugly about me until I got through the gates. Thankfully I ignored her and didn't turn around and slap her which is what the old Susanna would have done. Only the saving grace of God turns a heart around so that I show love instead of hatred and anger.



Taylor Swift opened the concert and really put on an interesting show. She is a unique performer and has different songs that are so catchy.




During the intermission we looked for my friends a few times and never did find them. Sad!! I really wanted to see them. Sorry friends!!!
(they were somewhere around here...)




And then...

The drum roll starts. Getting louder. And LOUDER! Fireworks shoot up from the stage, the curtain falls and there they are. Up on a lift...



RASCAL FLATTS!!!!



Mona and I screamed and screamed and hugged and screamed some more. We were like a two high schoolers. But that's alright because we had a blast!!!





They sang all my favorite songs and we sang right along with them. There are few videos and much more pictures on facebook if you'd like to check them out.



The crowd was really neat where we were sitting. It looked like lots of families and couples who just wanted to watch the concert. But that wasn't the case all over. It seemed like the further back you got the more, how can I tackfully say this... interesting the people got. I don't understand the need to dress trashy and over-indulge in drinking to have a good time. And I was sad to hear one of the group using language that they don't use in their songs and talking about girls in Atlanta in a way that they don't portray in their music. Seeing trashy people and hearing foul language was a turn off but I really enjoyed the singing.


I had a blast and really enjoyed Mona going with me. Thanks Mona!!!

We did leave the concert a little early to look for the tour bus with no luck. I even asked a guy behind one of the fences where they were. He pointed to the back of the amphitheatre but when I asked him if we could get back there he said no. We knew he'd say that but at least we knew where they were and tried really hard to get back there and see them.





We left Atlanta in heavy traffic with big smiles on our faces, blisters on our feet, wearing Rascal Flatts t-shirts and lots of pictures and memories. I'm glad I went and owe a BIG thank you to my friend, my coworker who participated in such a fun-filled evening.


4 comments:

Stacey said...

I hope you had on your cowgirl boots! You look cute. Really.

btw, Mark really wants you to wear the hat to church tomorrow.

Susy-Q said...

It might not match my outfit but I'll see what I can work out.


You think I'm kidding.

Stacey said...

You are SO tagged! Come over for a visit on my blog to see details. Ha! Sneaky way to lure you over.

Stacey said...

I have an award for you, Q. Come over and get it!