CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saints and Suffering

After hearing news that a loved one is seriously sick I've wondered what role suffering plays in our lives. I know that in this world there will be suffering, pain, affliction. I know that there will be dark times.

But when that time actually comes in your own life it shakes you. It makes you wonder and question lots of things that you normally wouldn't. There are a few things I've learned in this short time that I hope to never forget.

- In this past 48 hours if I didn't have hope in the One who gives me my next breath then I would have no hope.
- God gives a peace that is hard to explain to others.
- It's hard to allow change in my life.
- Grief comes strong and hard.
- Psalms are a great comfort.
- God is my provider.
- That I pray differently now.
- To say I love you more.

I wish that my heart was not so heavy, but I have comfort in the reality that God will receive glory. He will be honored. He is good. And He delights in us.

Psalm 57:1
" ...in the shadow of Your wings will I make my refuge until these calamites pass over."

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Susannah,
My prayers are with you today.

heather said...

Those are good thoughts, good Truth. I, too, am sad about this news. I have been praying for you and others at the office.