CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Few Days Of Refreshment

I was delighted to house/dog/pregnant kitty-sit for a few days for friends and pretty excited to have a little alone time. I guess I didn't realize how alone I would be because I had no internet!!!! I was forced to actually find something else to do with my time other than checking emails, facebooking, blogging, and so on.
But I found this time to be even more refreshing than I'd hoped. I would walk the dog down a quiet road with woods on each side, watching her bolt after a squirrel as if her life depended it. I could stop and reflect on lovely trees, blue skies with fluffy white clouds, crisp spring air and thoughts of the Creator Who made such things for me to enjoy.



I am so caught up in my busy life at work, the tired drive home in traffic, a quick bite to eat before I fall into bed with my computer, hoping to keep some access with the outside world through my laptop before I lose consciousness...that I've seem to forget to just stop and, for lack of better phrasing, smell the flowers.
To just stand, looking up at, breathing deeply with my mind full of the God who delights in me. Well. It's overwhelming at times.






And not just that. These dear friends have a library!


Be still, my beating heart! Oh books, come to momma. So many...and yet I chose just one.


The quiet, the solitude did wonders for my worn out mind and it makes me wonder why I don't visit my family more often in Va where I could sit and rest the mind, soul, spirit. I do believe a trip is in order. Soon.
And thank you, wonderful God, for giving me this time to think on You, reflect on Your goodness to me and repent of not thinking on You more.



Then to make my time visiting this home even better...the cat had her kittens!!!! Four fluffy, adorable kittens! She had two late in the evening and I waited up for another hour and a half thinking there would be more. When two seemed to be it, I went on to bed but when I woke the next morning there were two more! Two calicos (females) and one black with a little bit of white and a solid white one (both males). I just can't stop looking at them and it reminds of when my own cat of 17 years, who's been gone for almost a year now, who had two litters a year for many years. I miss having kittens around. I almost wish I had told the family that there were only three kittens and steal one away to love. I wonder if I could talk my mother into another cat.
*sigh* kittens...babies....they're just wonderful, aren't they?
As I waited on the family to return, sitting on the steps of their open library, staring at the blue sky, blooming trees, feeling the wind blowing, watching that precious dog look for dead animals to bring up to me....wait, what?!

*gag!*
*Remember the blue skies. Remember the blue skies...*

3 comments:

Stacey said...

HA HA! Nothing like a dog chewing on a squirrel to hi-jack your picturesque view.

I've been thinking about those kitties this week. Kittens are SO cute...and Mark is SO not a fan. But they are SO cute...

Susy-Q said...

I'm still trying NOT to think about that last few peaceful moments on the steps of the library.


First of all Aslan and Mr Tumnus would eat that kitty for an afternoon snack. And I would cry.

Second, kitties are SO cute!!! How could "someone" not be a fan?!

Third, I don't really have a third but my OCD mind must have things in three's when proving a point.

Stacey said...

Ha Ha! I totally understand the OCD issue. It is uncanny how many items I buy at the grocery store in two's.

I don't know how "someone" could not like a cute little kitty. I mean, I have actually grown to love a couple of dogs and that is saying ALOT for me!