CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Gift Of Clumsiness

That's right. I've got the gift.

So I'm at work, in a room with the doctor, patient and patient's husband. I think we're done and I'm unplugging the computer to take it out in the hall with me but my doc decides on an impromptu prayer. I'm ok with that.

So I plug back up the computer and turn to walk to the others to hold hands and pray but...
I trip over the cord and fall into the husband. They all start laughing and asking if I'm ok and I pretty much just want to pray and get out of there so I mumble something unintelligable and bow my head hoping they won't see my red face that seems to be getting redder and hotter as the seconds go by.

And what does my dear doctor do?! He starts his prayer with..."Dear Lord. Thank you for laughter and light moments in times of pain..."
I considered using all my strength to sqeeze his hand that I held in our circle of prayer but he might need it in surgery tomorrow.



Why do I have the gift?! And why do I use it almost every day?!

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Oh Susanna....I have that gift too, as we all well know...I know how you feel! Its difficult sometimes to just act with grace when you literally fall on your face like a dork.
funny story though... :)

Stacey said...

I am quite sure that God gave you this gift so that I would not feel so alone! You are so funny!

Kait said...

Oh, I just love you and miss you so much! I'm so excited that I will be seeing you a little more now :-) You are so much fun you be around!! Be thankful for making people laugh, I think that is a GREAT GIFT!!

Susy-Q said...

I just wish my gift didn't display itself in front of so many people. Why can't it be by myself or with just one person...who's a mute...and will never tell on me.