CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How Do You Say Goodbye?!

I'm sad.

I can't help it but a dear, dear friend (and family) have moved to another state. Thankfully their last Sunday with us brought a message that helped my sad little heart.

I'm been considering how we are so different in walks of life and yet seem to have so much in common. She's married and has a full time job of raising five children. I am single, no children and seem to be working all the time. I know that our bond is Christ but I had no idea how tight that could be until I heard an excerpt Sunday.
A paraphrase: An Englishman and an African met, each having two very different backgrounds. One attending college and having the finer things of life. The latter having to hunt his own food and working for all he has. Yet when they meet they seem to have all in common because they have their all in Christ. In fact, they find that they have more in common with each other than they do their family and closest friends.

This is how I feel with Marie. And not just with Marie but with a few others as well. (One I meet with for Bible study!) This common foundation of Christ seems to make up for all other things. Amazing.

But I'm still sad.

I miss her. I miss those kids!




Ok, fine. I miss Ben too.
I don't like change but it's very obvious that change must happen for growth. For them. For me.



2 comments:

Stacey said...

sniff, sniff...You are so right. For a long time I tried to figure out why I couldn't just throw relationships around with little consequence like I could before my birth into the family of God. Now I know that it is because we have an eternal bond and, for crying out loud, our Father puts a strange kind of love in us!! The more we grow in Christ-likeness, the more we resemble each other and the more inseparable we become - pretty neat! Love ya, dear sister.

btw, I told Marie I am looking forward to reading her blog...

Susy-Q said...

I told her I couldn't wait to read her blog too! Maybe if we harass her enough she'll do one.