CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

A Rant




This blog is nothing but a rant. Be warned and read at your own risk.

I went dancing last night and discovered that tall men don't dance. I don't get it! There were lots of guys there but the tall ones (those 6 foot and over) stood off to the side or weren't even there. Now the guys who are my height (or shorter) were quite willing to dance and even danced well, asking women to dance left and right.

I ask you, men of physical stature...where are you? Why aren't you dancing?

As I stood talking to friends I noticed that I am head and shoulders taller than most of the people who were at the ball I attended. I realize that I'm tall for a girl and that I like to wear heels. But am I asking too much for just a few 6 foot or taller men to attend a few balls? Don't you desire culture? Don't care to get out of your 72+ inch box and learn a little dancing?


And now to the unmarried under 5'6" girls. Why can't you settle for a man who's a few inches taller than you. Why must you go for the guy who could carry you on his hip. The guy who is at least a foot taller than you and when you stand together you look like his child. Leave the tall guys for the tall girls, ok?




Disclaimer: This rant is not directed towards any of my dear family and friends who are short girls married to tall men. I'm not sure who it's directed to.



5 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for the disclaimer. :-)

This is a puzzling question. But just think about it - a romantic dance on the beach is much easier without four inch heels. You may be one of the lucky girls, tall enough to be barefoot!

Stacey said...

Oh, I just saw where you said UNDER 5' 6". I just pass!

Susy-Q said...

I'm sorry. I had to post it. There were NO tall guys dancing at the ball and I for one, am tired of it!

Yes, I know it can't be helped that I'm an amazon woman.

Susy-Q said...

I do realize that dancing on the beach is hard without heels. Of course, my rant was not directed towards you or either of my brother's and their wives (both of my sister-in-laws are 5'2" and under)or any of my tall guy friends. I just want to see a few guys out dancing that can dip me instead of me dipping them. Know what I mean.

I suppose I shouldn't post a rant.

Stacey said...

You are allowed to rant. What fun is a blog if we can't rant?
Yes, I am with you - every woman ought to be dipped now and then! (You are not an Amazon woman. You are gracefully tall.)

btw, I tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog for details!