CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Oreos

There has been great debate on how to properly eat an oreo cookie. Regardless of the many ways, they always equal enjoyment.

1: Some eat the cookie with absolutely no milk. I find this offensive.
2: Then there's the group who eat the cream center and dip the cookie in milk...or coffee. Though I don't necessarily enjoy this method, milk is involved which is always a plus.
3: I have a family member who dips the cookie in their milk, but only for a short time. Not enough to really get a milk taste. This method is necessary when in public which I have resorted to simply to be proper.
4: The elite group will always hold their cookie deep in their mug of milk, rotating the cookie around to get optimum cookie softness. At times, you have to drink your milk down to find the cookie that broke off but that is just the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Occasionally, one's fingers will get cold but it's so worth the ultimate taste enjoyment.
5: And to add to the excitement I have a friend who uses a spoon to get his cookie out of the milk, which also increases the amount of cookie that is exposed to milk. There is a tricky part to this 'spooning' method. You must hold your cookie in the milk halfway, soaking only one half. If you don't do this first then the cookie will float which is not what we're looking for when seeking supreme oreo tastiness.

I can't think of any other way to eat an oreo. All I ask is that you just eat one.

How can the world be sad if oreos are around?

3 comments:

Kait said...

I am in total agreement here. And, do you know what really upsets me?? When they try to "reinvent" the OREO. It cannot be done!! What is up with all of this... with mint flavor, double stuf, the golden oreo, covered with milk chocolate. Don't mess with what is already good!! AMEN!!

Stacey said...

This is very imformative. I think I have tried every method. Although I think the dipping into milk is quite tasty, I have found refrigerated cookies dipped in coffee to be quite satisfying. I think I had this for breakfast every day until I reached about age 27. Now that I am in my 30's, I have things like wheat germ, grapefruit and other old people food. But when I do rebel, I like a nice cookie!(or ten)

Susy-Q said...

Kaitlin...I totally agree with you. I do seem to enjoy cookies dipped in chocolate (wonder why)though you can't necessarily "dip" them. How can you reinvent perfection?!
And I second your amen.

Stacey...refrigerated? Interesting. I hadn't thought of that method and now I wish I had talked to you before I posted. I'll keep that in consideration. And the fact that you use coffee instead of milk is not always bad.

Unfortunately, I grew up on wheat germ, grapefruit and such and have now resorted to eating cookies for breakfast, lunch and supper.