CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Change My Heart, O God

You ever been fussed at. The person giving you the piece of their mind is really in the wrong and all you want to do is point that out in a kind voice...while holding them in a half-nelson.

The old Susanna would have done definitely administered the choke hold but would have never used the kind voice. I actually told someone today that I was sorry (?!) despite the fact that I didn't really do anything wrong. Soft words were heard instead of the truth.

But my purpose in telling you this is not to show how good I am but how good God is. As I thought back to this episode and my reaction I was really shocked to remember kind words coming from my mouth.


Reflecting on all this surprisingly comforted my heart as I see how God has done a work in my life, assuring me that I am His because the Susanna before Christ wouldn't have reacted in such a way.



Thank you Lord for showing me your work in my life even in hard situations and reminding a hurt heart that Your love is "underneath me, all around me".

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Yes, yes, yes. I love that He takes old Susannas and old Staceys and changes us.

If you change your mind I will go with you...you hold her in the half-nelson while I...oops! There it is again. Okay, just kidding.

You may never know, not only the blessing God gave you of his work in your life, but how He may work in her life as a result of your kindness. My He be praised!!

Susy-Q said...

So true, Stacey. He might use kind words to point her to truth. Though sometimes I feel that physical force gets the point across better.

And I don't miss the old Susanna. Not even one bit.